Thursday, November 7, 2013

Back to Writing Again!

Hey y’all!

It’s been WAY too long since I’ve sat down to share more this good ole story but I made time early this morning to pick up where I last left off. I can't believe it’s been three months since my last post!
So, why haven’t I written? That’s a great question.
A.   I’d like to say I haven’t had the time.
B.   I’d like even more to say that I met Prince Charming and have been caught up in a fairytale love story.

But neither is true. I’ve tried many times in the past month to sit down and write but simply haven’t had the words nor the energy. Some call it writers block; I call it emptiness. Each time I create a post, I write it from my heart and soul, but unfortunately, when there’s not much in there, there’s not much to give.

At first, I chalked it up to the busyness of a full schedule, then a little funk, and finally one evening in the quiet moment, I realized it was loneliness. Me, lonely? Coming from a girl who is more than blessed with an amazing, loving family, best friends in the whole-wide world, a gracious church family and a killer group of co-workers. How could someone surround by so many wonderful people still manage to feel lonely?  

I was expecting people (and amazing ones at that!) and good, fun things to fill the empty spaces in my heart--empty spaces meant only for a Savior to fill with His unending, never-failing love. 

Over the last couple of months, I had let loneliness paralyze me and steal away the sweetness and contentment in life. I’m learning that more, more, more, doesn’t always mean more happiness or more fulfillment. And if I keep wishing life away, I will miss everything and everyone that's right in front of me NOW. 

Although my life and lifestyle hasn’t drastically changed from then to now, my heart sure has. My heart is more settled, the anxiety and loneliness has subsided and I’m learning to trust God’s promise of Hope for the future. God promises to give great joy in life and a confidence and peace in our hearts that can’t be beat. (See Romans 15:13 & Jeremiah 29:11)

I am trusting that God’s timing is perfect and He will bring THE cute boy into my life at just the right time. In the meantime, I’m going to live this life with confidence, enjoy it, and keep writing and loving those around me.

So with that, back to Her Little White Dress!
xoxo,
Jes

P.S. The little white dress post comes tomorrow.  :)

P.S.S. Not sure how can an invisible God make you feel better than the people you’re surrounded by? Learn more here: Greater Than Part 1: http://www.rockbridge.cc/sermons or take a look at Russ’ story at http://season.org/the-love-of-god-it-makes-us-whole.

 “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13 (NIV)

 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're back to writing! I've definitely felt paralyzed by my anxiety lately and unable to write so I can kind of relate. I think about you all the time and hope I get to visit Cali soon and catch up!

    ReplyDelete