Saturday, November 30, 2013

Birthday Wishes & Thank You's!

Hey y’all!

Yesterday I said hello to twenty-eight and I’d be crazy not to take a moment to say THANK YOU! 

Thank you for the birthday wishes.
Thank you for the surprise party.
Thank you for the fun.
Thank you for the love.
Thank you for the opportunity to call you friends and family.

I’m not sure this is where I thought I’d be in life at twenty-eight, but I sure do love it! Maybe I thought I’d be ready for my first child or buying my first house, but that’s definitely not the case right now. Although these dreams and wishes haven’t come true yet, I can’t believe that this life--this single, southern-girl life in California--keeps getting better. God’s plans for this life keep getting sweeter.

I don’t expect this next year to be easy, but I do expect it to be good. Good, as in no matter what comes my way, I won’t forget the value of the blessing to have such incredible people in my life. We’re not perfect and at times, we are a little giggly and ornery, but we rally, we laugh, we mess-up, we disappoint, we forgive, we enjoy, we love.  I am fortunate to call so many people FAMILY and even more FRIEND.

As I blew out my birthday candles at the party last week, I wished (or resolved) that…

1. I would not ever take for granted the amazing people in my life
2. I wouldn’t be scared or hesitant to obey God’s prompting.
3. I would get a CrossFit muscle-up (see this link).  
4. I’d get a new pair of running shoes.
5. I would be more generous with my time, talents, and resources this year.

So with that, on the first day of twenty-eight, please let me say THANK YOU once more. Thank you to my amazing friends and family for bringing so much love, joy, and laughter to my life! I love y’all so much!

Cheers!
xoxo
Jes




 For more birthday celebration pics, please visit my Facebook page



No comments:

Post a Comment